One year is coming to an end and the other is right around the corner. Time to look back (and look forward.) So here are some things I liked/disliked over the last 12 months and things I’ve planned for 2013.
Highlights of 2012:
- Being chosen for the first ever UNESCO Dublin City of Literature Childrens reading project
- Meeting so so SO many Arthur Quinn fans and forgetting about any earlier book events nerves
- Matilda: the Musical
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
- Locke & Key: Clockworks by Joe Hill
- City of Bohane by Kevin Barry
- The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Croc & Bird by Alexis Deacon
- ZomB by Darren Shan
- Argo, Looper, Paranorman, Skyfall, Cabin in the Woods
- Boardwalk Empire Season 3
- Finally watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer from start to finish!
Lowlights of 2012:
- Prometheus, Dark Knight Rises
- Homeland Season 2
- HHhH by Laurent Binet (didn’t live up to the hype at all.)
Plans for 2013:
- The release of Arthur Quinn and Hell’s Keeper (I’ve been looking forward to this one coming out since before book one! There are some big surprises coming and I can’t wait for them to be finally revealed.)
- I have a VERY rough idea for a short film that I’d like to make. It’s been a few years since I wrote/directed anything so it’ll be nice to get behind the camera again this year.
- There are some books coming out in 2013 that I’m really looking forward to. Neil Gaiman and Joe Hill’s new works are top of the list!